1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  → Personal Injury FAQ

Personal Injury FAQ

If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you likely have a thousand questions running through your head. Here are just a few of the most common questions we receive at Meshbesher Law Firm:

Q. Who Pays For My Medical Bills?

A. Usually your own car insurance will pay the first $20,000 of your medical bills under the Minnesota No Fault Act. Some individual policies may have provisions allowing for a higher amount of medical pay.

Q. What About My Wage Loss?

A. Your own car insurance will pay for the first $20,000 of your wage loss at the rate of 85 percent of your former weekly wage and a maximum of $500 per week. Some individual policies will have provisions allowing for a higher amount of wage loss.

Q. How Am I Going To Get My Car Fixed?

A. Take pictures of your damages. Get an estimate to repair your vehicle. If your car is totaled, it is worth its Kelley Blue Book value, regardless of what you paid for it or how much you owe on it. Visit KBB.com to find out what your car is worth.

Q. Do I Need A Lawyer?

A. Yes. Your interests and those of the responsible insurance company are naturally opposing. It is in your interest to maximize your recovery. It is in the interest of the insurance company who will pay you to minimize your recovery. You need someone on your side to level the playing field. Having a lawyer to represent your interests is crucial to getting a fair recovery.
To learn more, we invite you to schedule a free consultation by contacting us online or calling our office in Minneapolis at 612-349-5215.