CALL US. We'll help

612 - 349 - 5215


I was in a car accident.

+Q. Who pays for my medical bills?

A. Usually your own car insurance will pay the first $20,000.00 of your medical bills under the Minnesota No Fault Act. Some individual policies may have provisions allowing for a higher amount of medical pay.

+Q. What about my wage loss?

A. Your own car insurance will pay for the first $20,000.00 of your wage loss at the rate of 85% of your former weekly wage at a maximum of $500.00 per week. Some individual policies will have provisions allowing for a higher amount of wage loss.

+Q. How am I going to get my car fixed?

A. Take pictures of your damages. Get an estimate to repair your vehicle. If your car is totaled, it is worth its blue book value, regardless of what you paid for it or how much you owe on it. Visit to find out what your car is worth.

+Q. Do I need a lawyer?

A. Yes. Your interest and that of the responsible insurance company are naturally opposing.  It is in your interest to maximize your recovery.  It is in the interest of the insurance company who will pay you to minimize your recovery.  You need someone on your side to level the playing field.  Having a lawyer to represent your interests is crucial to getting a fair recovery.

I was injured on the job

+Q. What should I do first?

A. Report the injury to your employer. If your employer refuses to fill out an accident report you should be send them an email making note of the injury and then file a First Report Of Injury form with the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.  Click here for a link to this form.  You should seek immediate medical attention.  Call the Meshbesher Law Firm and we will be happy to help you make sure the claim is filed properly.

+Q. Who pays my medical bills and wage loss?

A. Your employer’s worker’s compensation insurance will pay for your reasonable and necessary medical bills and, subject to certain maximum and minimum rates, 2/3 of your former weekly wage for so long as you are off work. If you return to work at a reduced rate of pay, you should receive 2/3 of the difference between your pre-injury and post injury wages.  Wage loss is subject to certain durational limits, as well.

+Q. My employer won’t tell me who the workers’ compensation insurer is.

Sometimes employers will try to get out of having to pay on a work comp claim by refusing to cooperate. This may take the form of refusing to fill out the proper paperwork and refusing to give you the name of their insurer. This can seriously damage your ability to receive compensation. The Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry may impose penalties and fines upon employers for failure to follow workers compensation law. If your employer is refusing to cooperate, call the Meshbesher Law Firm.

+Q. Do I need a lawyer?

Yes.  Even if your benefits have not yet been discontinued, having a lawyer can ensure that the proper benefits keep coming. The insurance company for your employer may not operate in your best interest. The effects of a work injury can extend far into the future.  Having a lawyer to represent your interest is often crucial to getting a fair recovery.

+Q. How long is this going to take?

A work comp case’s length can vary widely depending upon what type of problem needs to be fixed. For example, if your wage loss benefits have been discontinued on a NOID, steps can be taken to get an expedited .239 conference to get your temporary total disability benefits reinstated immediately. If a claim petition has to be filed it can take up to a year to get to a hearing. Some cases can be resolved quickly and, others will take discovery, depositions, mediations and ultimately a hearing to resolve. Call the Meshbesher Law Firm to find out how long your particular case is likely to take.

+Q. What is this going to cost?

Worker’s Compensation fees are governed by Minnesota Statute §176.081.  Fees are only charged on a case with disputed benefits.  Your lawyer receives 20% of the first $130,000.00 recovered with a maximum fee, in most circumstances, of $26,000.00.  The Meshbesher law firm works on the statutory contingent fee basis on workers’ compensation claims.   If we do not get you a recovery, you do not owe us for the time we spend working on your case. Costs are typically paid by the employer/insurer in a workers’ compensation case.